Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thank you D-Mom Bloggers!

Hello !
My name is Susie and I have just created this blog and my first post will be WHY.

#1 Yes, I have a child with type 1 diabetes and I want a place to chronicle our ups and downs, our life, our joys and sorrows.

#2 Yes, I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus, and more than anything I want all I say and do to give HIM glory- all the credit for all that is good- and I most definitely want to share how God has shown Himself faithful and present in all the stuff- diabetes and otherwise.

BUT most of all-
#3 I created this blog because..... I have a confession to make. I have been a DOC lurker for a full year. I have been following several D mom blogs for a while- I'm just drawn to them when I'm bored or frustrated or just feel alone. Often I laugh; sometimes I cry.  And every time I read them- I don't feel alone anymore.
You D-Moms don't even know it, but you have been such wonderful friends to me- and to Jess.

I didn't want to start a blog, even though I had those first 2 great reasons. I thought it would take up too much time, I had better things to do.... but I am so grateful for what all of YOU have shared that  now I feel obligated to give back a little... and maybe your example has finally gotten through my thick head that this might be good for me.

OK- so not wanting to risk giving Jessica more material for make fun of my long posts (ie: the diagnosis story) I will end here.

Thank you D-Moms: Sherry, Tracy, Meri, Misty,  and Jennifer ! You have been such an encouragement to me- thank you for blogging!

I will try my best to do this blog thing... I still need a profile and all kinds of things.. but for now- I'm going to bed.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Susie


2 comments:

Mike Hoskins said...

Welcome, Susie! So great to see another wonderful D-mom here in the ever-expanding Diabetes Online Community. Looking forward to reading some of your insights as time moves along. Thanks for starting your blog here, and taking the step to share some of your family's D-Life along with what Jess is blogging. See you around the blogosphere!

Tracy1918 said...

Hey! You're welcome! Blogging does take time and as you know, I go through spells, but always come back to it. To help write out my thoughts, but also to encourage others.

I'm so looking forward to reading your posts in the new year.

Also....do you know Nikki from Our Diabetic Warrior? You will love her!

Happy New Year, my New Bloggy Friend!