Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vacation used to mean extra sleep...


I am not complaining.
I am not.

We are on vacation!!! At the beach, in the Caribbean!
We are on vacation... at the beach- lots of activity and sun- the land of lows....

So, guess what I am doing? I'm filling time while I wait to check Jess.
Sound familiar?
I'm going to check her now and already know we'll need to check again at 12:30, possibly a 3rd time too.

I'm really not complaining... because it is awesome to be away and especially to have time with my parents, but I have such different thoughts now when contemplating vacation:

Oh, hmmmm-
a totally different schedule
lots of extra activity
lots of extra sun
lots of food we don't usually eat
complete unpredictablity..

oh boy!

I know we are going to have a great week, but there is No putting the big D on the back burner this week!
Please pray for us, if you are willing, that we'll figure out how Jess responds to everything around here quickly.


And, you know, let's just pray for good numbers for EVERYONE, all around! :)
That's what I'll be praying for all of my DOC families!
Thanks!


3 comments:

Misty said...

Praying for you all.. Hope you have a wonderful vacation :)

Tracy1918 said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! Praying for fun and safety! : )

Jessica said...

I was just about to write a blog on travel as well and how it affected my little one, when I saw your post. We had a really tough time on our trip to the Caribbean where there was lots of carbs in unknown quantities. I pray you have a peaceful time! Take care!