Monday, January 9, 2012

SWAGGING no more....

OK, so funny story #2:

Just the other day Jess and I were chatting away in the car - something about carbs and restaurants or something... and I told her how great she is at just swagging whatever she is eating.
I'm thinking- 'I've got all this DOC lingo down!'
Jess: Mom, do you know what swag stands for?
Me: Umm wild guess... s? a? ummmm...
Jess: yeah, it has a curse word in it
Me: lightbulb... ohhhh! hmmm... I guess I should not go around announcing to everyone how good you are at this, huh?

Although. of course no one outside the D Community would have any idea anyway, but still I realize I have been inadvertently swearing all over the place. Not a huge deal, really, but not something I usually do. I start thinking of all the places I may have used this expression. Probably in front of four year olds and you know, the Pastor or something.

Me: So, OK- we need a new expression. And you know what, forget the curse word, it isn't even a good expression because you are NOT making a wild guess, you are making a very well educated guess.

Jess: sure Mom
Me: Yeah- it is a Carbohydrate Educated Guess. That's it! I'll call it CEG. (I pronounced it with a hard 'C'  as in Keg) 'And you are Cegging.'

Jess: bursts out laughing

Me: Yep, Jess you are one awesome Cegger. I'm gonna tell everybody. I'm so proud of you! This will be much better than SWAG.

Humor with a 16 year old and a crazy, zany Mom. You gotta love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, she told me this while we were going into church, I was laughing so ahard that people were looking at me funny... The dangers of talking to your mom=)

Tracy1918 said...

I do love it! Laughing out loud as I type.

I feel so blessed to have met you.