Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm back!

Wow. Definitely have taken a blogging hiatus the last few weeks! I had a horrible chest cold and didn't even want to open my laptop let alone post on a blog! But thankfully, I am feeling much better now!

The last 2 weeks have been fairly eventful!
Event #1: Carol of  my last post- the one who had been in a coma- woke up on day #9, spoke on day #10, and walked a few days after that! Totally a miracle as the doctors had told the family to prepare for a long term coma! I was smiling for days over this, just praising the Lord! :)

Event #2 : February 3, 2012 was Jessica's 2 year diaversary. This passed rather uneventfully, but was an event all the same. Lots of thoughts about this, lots of discussion around here, but also feeling kind of numb about the whole thing. Is that weird? How can something feel like it has been a part of our life forever, and yet I still vividly remember life without it? Weird. Jess and I were hoping to both post the very funny video her sisters made for her back on her one year diaversary, but our plan failed. Maybe another time. :)

Event #3 : The other night our wood stove decided to explode in my husband's face.(Um... the kerosene he was using had something to do with it!)  I was in bed hacking stuff out of my lungs while this happened, but the 2 girls witnessed 'a fireball surrounding Dad.' Crazy! Very, very thankful that he only has burns and blisters on face and right arm and, although it was very painful, he is OK.


That is pretty much it for right now. Still trying to get everyone in the house healthy- is it me, or is this cold/flu season just nuts???

I'm hoping to blog more about the diaversary thing separately. 

No comments: